Social Services and Discharge Regulations
Who should take this course?
This course is for all nursing home social service departments/designees.
Why should I take this course?
Discharge planning is a key responsibility of the SSD. This course will provide you with the training you need to comply with the law.
What will I learn?
After completing Social Services and Discharge Regulations, you will be able to:
- Describe the history of care in nursing home as it relates to the Mega Rule and Discharge Regulations,
- Describe regulations related to F-Tag 745, Medically-related Social Services, and how they impact social services staff in nursing homes,
- Identify the six valid reasons for a transfer or discharge,
- Describe the notices and timing required for transfer or discharge,
- Differentiate between patient-initiated and facility-initiated discharges,
- Describe the discharge planning process, and
- Describe the orientation, summary, and assessment requirements as related to discharge or transfer.
How long will it take?
Allow about 60 minutes to complete the four lessons in Social Services and Discharge Regulations and the final quiz.
What about quizzes?
This course has a final quiz which you may take as many times as needed. The passing score is 80 percent.
Will I get a certificate?
After passing the final quiz, you will be able to download a certificate of completion.