Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take this course?
This course is for all nursing home staff.
Why should I take this course?
Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. This course teaches a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as providing a toolbox of personal skills.
What will I learn?
After completing Stress Management for Long-Term Care Workers, you will be able to:
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Avoid, Alter, or Accept),
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to minimize negative stress,
- Use routines to reduce stress,
- Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques,
- Better cope with major events, and
- Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them.
How long will it take?
Allow about 30 minutes to complete the Stress Management for Long-Term Care Workers.